The purpose of the meeting is to allow the assigned trustee to ask a serious of questions to the debtor(s) under penalty of perjury to verify the debtor(s) identity and any information contained in the bankruptcy petition and attached schedules. Unless the trustee is looking into a specific issue with the bankruptcy filing, most trustees (primarily in the Central District of CA) ask a form/variation of the following questions:
- What is your full name and current address?
- Did you review and sign the bankruptcy petition?
- Have you listed all your assets and liabilities in the bankruptcy petition?
- Have any changes occurred since the time you filed the petition?
- Has anything been omitted from the bankruptcy petition?